Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Trip home day 5

We left Arkansas and drove through Oklahoma.  For once, Brittany drove!  It was a miracle.  Brittany has this problem that as soon as we get into the car, she falls asleep.  So the fact that she drove 6 or 7 of the 9 hours was great :)  I slept through most of Oklahoma (It's not super exciting) until we got to Checota, which is the hometown of Carrie Underwood.  I love Carrie Underwood and she has a whole song about Checota, so we had to stop there.  If you listen to the lyrics she talks about places in the town.  It was way cool to see the "Sonic and the grocery store" and all the places from the song.  I had my camera ready in case she was home visiting her family and just happened to be at the store at the same time we went in to get lunch. haha.  I knew it was unlikely, but I can still dream right?


We continued into Texas and stopped in Amarillo for the night.  I actually really liked Amarillo.  We found a cute western store that we went in and tried on boots and hats, and then we ate dinner at Texas Roadhouse.... in Texas!  whoa!  ;)  The sunset was so amazing and I thought of the song "Amarillo Sky" by Jason Aldean.



No comments:

Post a Comment