Sunday, July 1, 2012

Dollywood

Every year my grandparents take a couple trips.  This year they just happened to be going to Tennessee and North Carolina.  My grandma called me and asked if it would be possible for us to drive out and meet them and it just so happened that our days off would be the days that they would be in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.  If the name sounds a little redneck, that's because it is.  haha.  But it was one of the funnest places I've ever been.  


With them being so close to us, how could we not go see them?  So we drove about 5 1/2 hours from Loft Mountain and down the western panhandle of Virginia into Eastern Tennessee and met my grandparents at their hotel in Pigeon Forge.  It was so great to see familiar faces after not being around my family for a few months.  We got to go to a great show at the Country Tonite Theater.  I love fun shows like that, and this one was especially great because it was all country music  :)


The next day my grandparents tour group was scheduled to go to Dollywood.  Instead of following them in my car, the tour guide told me and Brittany that we could just ride there with the group, we would just have to tell a joke before we got on the bus.  Those old people love them jokes. haha.  They especially loved mine....


"Did you hear about the guy that got his whole left side cut off? .... He's all right"  


It's silly, I know.  But they laughed real hard.


So we got to Dollywood and it wasn't really what I was expecting.  I just thought it would be a fun place where you could eat food and buy crafts and listen to performers.  It did have all those things, but it also had some of the funnest roller coasters I've even been on!  There were a bunch of crazy rides.  It seemed like every single other person in Dollywood that day was over the age of 60, so me and Brittany were in amusement park heaven!  We were basically the only people in the whole place that were riding the rides.  We would just get on a roller coaster and ride it 3 times in a row and then move onto the next one.  My grandpa was awesome and would ride the rides with us.  He's so cool.  He loves rides, and I think he was glad that we were there to go with him because my grandma doesn't really go for that kind of stuff.  We did convince her to get on one roller coaster, and I was a little afraid that she might have a heart attack.  You know the pictures that they take on the rides?  Oh my goodness.... her face in that picture was priceless.  Unfortunately I don't have ANY pictures of that day because I forgot my camera :(  And my grandma doesn't believe in owning any type of camera besides the disposable ones, so we didn't get pictures from her camera either.  In one of the pictures taken on a ride, Brittany's hair was coming out of her ponytail and we were going so fast that it was a little wind-blown.  The guy at the photo booth showed us our picture and said "It looks like you have wings!"  Except in his awesome southern drawl it was more like, "Looks like you got wangs!"  haha.  We still laugh about that.


After spending the day in Dollywood, we had ridden every ride probably 6 or 7 times.  I've never had so much fun in an amusement park!  Someday when I have little kiddies of my own, we are definitely taking a trip to Pigeon Forge.

No comments:

Post a Comment