Thursday, August 2, 2012

February 2012

February started out with my birthday on the 5th, which fell on Superbowl Sunday.  I had my annual football/b-day party and had a lot of fun with friends and roommates.  For some reason I didn't get any pictures though :(  

The next week was especially awesome because I got to see some friends from Virginia--Wayne and Leah. Wayne was the manager of Loft Mountain and Leah was my roommate for a few weeks until Brittany came. They're awesome and I was so glad they were able to come visit me!  When I was working with them 2 years ago, they were saying how they wanted to come out to Utah.  They had never been here and had heard lots good things (of course) about the scenery and the people.  On their off-season this past winter they went on an extreme road trip, driving from Virginia and up to New York and Boston, then back down the coast to Florida.  From there they went to Alabama and all the way across the country to California.  They started heading back east and stopped in Utah for a couple days.  It was so great to see them.  No matter how hard you try to keep in touch with someone, nothing beats getting to see them after a year and a half.  After they got into town, my grandpa made us some lamb chops.  They had to listen to me talk about lamb chops, lamb days, and all things sheep for 4 months, so they couldn't come to Fountain Green without getting to partake of the deliciousness.  They had gone to Zions and Bryce before coming to FG, so the next day I went with them out to Moab and to Arches National Park (we also took a detour to Goblin Valley).  I  told them that if they didn't see anything else in Utah, they had to see Delicate Arch.  That is definitely one of my favorite places in the state and I was really excited to take them there.  The hike was a little harder than I remember.... I'm not quite as in shape as I was in high school :(  But it was definitely worth it.  We got up to the arch just before sunset.... so incredible!  We hiked back down and stayed in a hotel for the night, then they continued east and I headed back home.  I only got to see them for a day and a half, but it was so great.  I sure miss them and everyone else at Loft Mountain.



Goblin Valley.  I'd never been here before.  It's way neat!


^This is Leah--she's awesome!


Delicate Arch.  I love it here!




Sunset.  I gotta say I took a pretty awesome picture!




Me and Wayne at Arches.

1 comment: