Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Monticello

Okay....take out a nickle and look at the "tail" side. See that building? Well, I went there. lol. I never really realized what that building was, but it's Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home, and it's really close to the Park. I find Jefferson, and any Presidential history in general, fascinating. So it was really neat to see this.


On the grounds is the family cemetery. Jefferson is buried there, along with his wife, children, and other family members (plus, his best friend). He did a lot in his life, but his grave marker only says "Author of the Declaration of Independence and the Statutes of Virginia for Religious Freedom, and The Father of The University of Virginia".


Speaking of University of Virginia.... it is so neat! The campus is really pretty and old. Charlottesville, VA, the city it's in is way cute too! I love driving through the historic downtown and going to the library and seeing all the old buildings. If I could afford to go to school here (it's super expensive!), I totally would!

I've been going to family home evening activities at the University singles ward. The people are so great, and it's nice to have people my own age and that have my same beliefs to hang out with.

No comments:

Post a Comment