Monday, September 17, 2012

July 2012

July is full of exciting holidays.... The 4th, 24th, and of course LAMB DAY!!

For the 4th of July, my family and I went to the parade in Provo.  It was a cool parade but I was so disappointed that they didn't throw any candy.  What kind of parade is that?!  After the parade, we hung out in Provo and went to the craft fair, then got snow-cones and took a nap.  We went to the roof of the Provo City building to watch the fireworks.  They didn't shut off the lights around, so we couldn't see too well, but it was fun to spend the day with my family and friends.

Anyone that knows me, knows that Lamb Day is my favorite day of the year!  I love it!  This year was different because Brittany wasn't there, but I got to spend time with a lot of family and friends.  Lamb Day week is the best because everybody comes home to Fountain Green.  You get to see people that you haven't seen since last Lamb Day.  Everybody is happy  :)
I played co-ed softball, as usual.  I don't know why I play every year....I'm pretty bad at it.  I'm just glad no one takes it too seriously.  My team took 3rd or 4th.... or maybe 5th place.  I forget.
The mutton fry was as delicious as ever.  I love serving the sourdough scones (5 years running!) and watching my grandpa fry up some lamb chops (his are always the best).  Best. Meal. Ever!
Saturday I always help in the lamb sandwich stands, and this year I sold Lamb Day t-shirts.  It rained this year, and I can't remember another Lamb Day that it rained.  It was very different weather than the hot-ness that usually happens.  
One of the scariest moments of my life: singing the national anthem in front of everyone I know.  I was asked to sing the national anthem before the championship games of the co-ed tournament.  I thought I would just be able to stand by the bleachers and sing, but they made me go out on home plate.  OMG!  I was so nervous!  It's easier for me to sing in front of strangers, but this was my hometown and all of my friends and neighbors.  It went well though.  No mess-ups.  Thank goodness!

For the 24th of July, me and Jess went to the Days of 47 rodeo.  I've never been to an indoor rodeo before, but it was really fun.  I love rodeos.... getting to wear my cowgirl boots  :)

I love July and getting to celebrate all of the history and heritage of my country, state, and hometown.  A few other fun events in July were: going to a Salt Lake Bees game, going to the Drive-In movie, and the Easton Corbin concert.  I even got to meet him!  He's a cutie  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment