Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Plans finalized!

So the plans for my cross-country road trip to Virginia are finalized. As I said before, my sister, Sadie, is coming with me. 2500-ish miles is a long way to go by yourself. We're leaving the morning of July 18th at like 6 or 7 a.m.

The first leg of the trip is the longest--14 1/2 hours! After driving through Colroado, we'll be stopping in Abilene, Kansas to stay that night. I've never heard of Abilene but Topeka was too far and there's nothing else after we pass Denver. haha.

The second day is about 12 hours. We'll drive out of Kansas and through Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio.... stopping for the second night in Dayton, Ohio. We may stop and see a little of Independence, Missouri, and go to the little visitors center they have there.

Our third and last day of driving we'll go through West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland back into West Virginia, back into Maryland (lol), then finally end up in Washington D.C.!!! I cannot wait to be there! We'll stay 2 nights in DC (well....Alexandria, Virginia) and try and see everything we can in our short time there. And hopefully we don't die from the enormous heat wave they're having back there.

Early in the morning on the 22nd, I'll drop Sadie off at the (extremely large) Washington National airport before heading into Shenandoah to get settled into my dorm room and start my job! I seriously have never been so excited for anything in my whole life!!

I'll be posting pictures during the whole experience, so check back to see the amazing-ness of America. Don't be too jealous of me though. haha. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment